Cardiovascular disease includes a number of conditions affecting the structures or function of the heart, including Coronary Artery Disease and Vascular (blood vessel) disease. Cardiovascular disease is by far the leading cause of death in the United States as well as in India.
You, along with support from your family and friends, can work to achieve the following correct values to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease :
1.) Serum Lipid Profile
• Serum Cholesterol: < 130 mg/dl
• Serum Triglycerides: < 100 mg/dl
• Serum HDL Cholesterol: > 40 mg/dl
• Cholesterol HDL Ratio: > 25%
• Serum LDL Cholesterol: < 70 mg/dl
• Serum VLDL Cholesterol: < 20 mg/dl
2.) Blood Sugar/Glucose
• Fasting: < 100 mg/dl
• Postprandial Blood Glucose: < 140 mg/dl
• HbA1c: < 6.5%
3.) Blood Pressure: 120/80 mm Hg
4.) BMI (Body Mass Index): 24 to 25
5.) HLTP: Heart and Lifestyle Training Program (Monthly Camp)
• Zero Oil Cooking: All oils have Triglycerides and should be avoided.
• No Dry Fruits and Seeds: They all contain invisible oil/fats. So, we should stop Almond, Walnut, Peanut, Cashew nut, Pistachio nut, Coconut. If one is not diabetic, Fox nut(Makhana), Figs (Anjeer), Raisins (Kishmish), Apricots (Khubani) are allowed to heart patients.
• No Animal Food: Stop consumption of all kinds of Fishes, Chicken and Meats like Mutton, Beef, Pork, Ham etc. They all have Cholesterol.
• Take Fat free Milk: Saaol allows you to consume only 200 ml of Double Toned Milk of 500 ml of Skimmed Milk in a whole day. All Milk Products like Tea, Coffee, Paneer, Curd, Cheese, Buttermilk are to be included within this quota of milk/
• Get Fiber and Antioxidants: By increasing Fruits, Vegetables and Sprouts. But fruits which are sweet should not be taken by the diabetics.
1.) Yoga/Meditation: 35 minutes/day
2.) Walk: 35 minutes/day
3.) Stress: Try to cut as much as practically possible.
4.) Tobacco/Smoking/Alcohol: Stop immediately.