Foods supply calories to our body. Every minute our body needs calorie – the fuel, which gives energy for beating the heart, flow of blood, continuous breathing, filtering in the kidneys, movement of the intestines, and all the movements of the body. For all these purpose our body would need about 1600 calories in a day for sedentary people and about 3000 calories for hard workers. In the world there are about one million kinds of food preparations that we can eat. Most of us eat food about 3-4 times in a day to fulfill the need of our calories.
When the medical science analyzed all the foods in the world, they found only seven types of ingredients make all these millions. Three of them provide us calories or energy (Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fats), and rest four which are only essential for running our body smoothly. These four are – Water, Fiber, Minerals and Vitamins.
Fruits are very good sources of all the vitamins, minerals, fibers. They also provide some calories as they contain carbohydrates. Except for diabetic patients who should restrict sweet fruits like Mango, Grapes, Sapota, and Banana. Fruits are best kind of food we can eat and enjoy. This is the best food to keep us young and healthy. Most of the fruits have low calories but fill the stomach, so are helpful in losing weight. Fruits can be taken raw, as desserts, puddings, murabbas or in the form of juices. So, develop the habit of eating fruits and keep yourself healthy.
In reality we are increasingly receive poor nutrition from ready-meals, fast-food and processed foods that contain little or no nutritional value and are usually loaded with salt, hydrogenated fats and sugar that can make you feel tired, lethargic and miserable in short term and can lead various health problems in the long term. But on the other part – fruit contains everything we need, to live a healthy and happy life. Fruits are packed full of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, proteins and do not contain all the bad nutrients that lead to Obesity, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s and cancer. Adding fruit to your diet won’t just make you feel better, it could also increase your life.
• Most fruits are naturally low in fat, sodium and calories. What’s more they do not contain cholesterol, but are packed full of vitamins and minerals of the right nutrients that your body needs.
• Fruits contain 90-95% water, which have a diuretic effect on the body and help to eliminate the toxins and nitrogenous wastes from the body.
• Most of the fruits are low in sodium and high in potassium, which is an important mineral and helps to maintain normal blood pressure, heart function and also reduces the chances of gaining water weight.
• The fiber present in fruit not only relieve constipation but also gives a feeling of satiety by adding bulk to the diet which is beneficial in conditions like diabetes mellitus, heart disease, cancer and obesity.
• Guava, Oranges, Papaya and Indian Gooseberry are very good sources for vitamin A, that takes care of the heart health by preventing oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
• Studies reveals, cherries or cherry juice in diet helps to relieve the symptoms and pin caused in gout, arthritis and joint inflammation.
• It is common knowledge that you need to drink lots of water. So it would make sense that adding fruit to your diet would increase your overall water intake too, as they contain 90% water.
Now, it has been proved that eating the whole fruit or juice is better to gain the benefits rather than taking supplements to provide each nutrient separately.