There are many things that can be done. They can be divided conveniently into three groups – Immediate, Short term and Long term measures. Here are a few of the steps that can be taken in the event of anger:
1. Leave the place. Give some excuse.
2. Cooldown your emotional brain. For example, you can count up to 10 or 100. You can sit quietly or drink a glass of cold water.
3. Take long breaths and concentrate on it. This kind of mindful breathing can bring peace and calm.
4. Similarly, you can take mindful walking also. Watch your steps.
5. Take a mirror. Look at your angry face, relax and then smile. Look at the mirror again and notice the differences it makes.
6. When you realize yourself shouting then lower your voice and control yourself.
1. Identify rude type A persons, anticipate in advance. It is best to avoid them.
2. Identify bad Communications of others.
3. Defuse the bomb. Understand Anekant. Anekant denotes theory of multiple viewpoints. Everyone has a right to form his opinion and is right according to his beliefs.
4. Use anger creatively. Any work taken up during anger can be completed fully. Try doing any long pending difficult jobs like cleaning of kitchen, sorting out the accounts file etc. and watch them getting completed.
5. Identify the problem. The problem lies within you. Many people in your situation may not have become so angry. The seed lies within you.
6. Clarify yourself. Give a rational thought. Maybe you need to change.
7. Say sorry, if it is your mistake. Do not feel ashamed.
1. Practice meditation and yoga. Meditation has a soothing effect and calms the brain. After all, it is the brain from where anger originates.
2. Practice deep breathing. Also known as Pranayama, this form of only calms the brain, but also has numerous beneficial health effects.
3. Listen to your spiritual Guruji’s lectures. Watch television program of saints. Small advice from them can make changes.
4. Cut down your ego. Find your faults, limitations. Agree to other’s good habits.
5. Change your food habits. Switch to vegetarianism. It has been seen that angry episodes are more common with non-vegetarians.
6. Study human behaviour patterns. Identify if you are type A. If you realize that then change to type B.
7. List out what all especially makes you angry. Try to solve them in advance.