Zero Oil Spring Rolls
For making rolls:
• ½ cup maida
• 1 cup milk
• ¼ tsp salt
• A pinch of Soda-bi-carb
• 7-8 French Beans, half boiled
• 1 Onion, finely chopped
• ½ cup Cabbage, cut into thin and long strips
• ½ Capsicum, cut into thin and long strips
• ½ Carrot, cut into thin and long strips
• ½ tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Corn flour
• ½ tsp White Pepper
• 2 tsp Soya Sauce
• A pinch of Ajinomoto
• Salt to taste
- Cut the sides of the beans and put them in boiled and salted water for about one minute.
- Now strain it through a strainer.
- Cut it along with all the other vegetables into thin and long pieces.
- Heat a pan and add chopped onions and fry in water for about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, Ajinomoto, salt, white pepper, all the vegetables and cook for about 1 minute.
- Combine soya sauce with it, mix well.
- Take a bowl and add salt to Maida, milk, along with soda-bi-carb to make a fine batter for pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick pan and put half of the paste onto the pan and stir the pan so the paste spreads equally on the pan.
- When the bottom of the pancake is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside on a dry cloth, not to cook the top portion of the pancake.
- Make the second pancake with the remaining paste in the same way.
- Place half stuffing on the cooked side of each pancake and fold both the sides onto the stuffing.
- Now hold the sides and turn upward.
- Combine cornflour with 1 tsp water and cover the sides with the cornflour paste.
- With the help of baking sticks, bake the spring rolls on both the sides until it becomes golden brown.
- Put them on a tissue paper and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
Zero Oil Chowmin
• 220 gms fresh Noodles
• 2 slices Ginger (minced)
• 1 medium Capsicum
• 1 small Cabbage
• 2 small Onion
• 1 cup Moong Bean Sprouts
• 1 cup fresh Peas
• 2 Celery Stalks
• 1 tsp Sugar
• 1 tbsp Chinese Rice Vinegar
• 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
• Water for stir-frying
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain the water.
- Rinse all the vegetables under running water and drain thoroughly.
- Cut the capsicum, onion, cabbage and celery into thin strips, string the peas and keep it aside.
- Heat the pan.
- Add the minced ginger and stir fry in water until aromatic.
- Now add the other vegetables except the moong bean sprouts.
- Stir fry briefly and add the noodles.
- Stir in the dark soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar.
- Now add in the bean sprouts and cook for a few more seconds and serve hot.
Zero Oil Cake
• 1 ½ cup Flour
• ½ cup Skimmed Milk Powder
• 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
• 1 cup Cold Water (or Ice Coffee)
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• ½ tsp Salt
• 2 tsp Vinegar
• 1 cup Sugar
• ½ cup small pieces of Cherries, Raspberries or Cranberries
- Sift, all the dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar (crushed), salt, milk powder in a pan, mix them thoroughly.
- Take cake pan and mix all the wet ingredients (except vinegar) in it.
- Now, add wet ingredients to dry and stir until all dry ingredients are mixed.
- Add the vinegar quickly and stir-in immediately, at last you put the cherries on top of the batter (or you can mix them in beforehand).
- Put the pan in the preheat oven at 375°F (190°C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly and serve.