An apple is a sweet edible fruit produced by an apple tree. As well known dage “An apple a day keeps a doctor away”, the fruit has been doing much good to people who are health conscious. In addition, even a fitness freaks prefer having this wonderful nutrient-packed fruit.
Nutritional facts & Benefits of Apple
• Good source of soluble and insoluble fiber. The fiber helps in regulating bowel movements which reduce the risk of colon cancer.
• Vitamin C enriched.
• Contains heart-healthy potassium.
• Contains B-Complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, B6)
• Contains polyphenols which include flavonols, chlorogenic acid, that reduces the risk of cancer.
• Delicious & crunchy apple fruit is notable for its impressive list of phytonutrients and antioxidants.
• The nutrients present in apple are unduly present in the skin.
• Apples reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s & Alzheimer’s.
• The antioxidants in it protect the nerve cells caused by oxidative stress.
• An apple a day reduces the risk of skin disease.
• Apple Cider Vinegar prevents the formation of kidney stones.
• Apple fruit helps in reducing the cholesterol level in the body.
Of the total CHO present, about 80% constitutes sugar. Fructose is the principle component (60%) followed by glucose (25%) & sucrose (15%). Apple contains carbs, which can raise blood sugar levels. However, the fiber in apple helps stabilize blood sugar levels. Diabetics can eat an apple but avoid apple juice.