Amla or Gooseberry is the most rarely used herb in Ayurveda medicines. Amla. Fresh fruits contain more than 80% of water beside Protein, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Minerals, Vitamins (mainly includes calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, vitamin C, and B complex). It contains as much as 20 times more vitamin C of an orange. The vitamin C content in Amla does not diminish with cooking.
- It helps in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar level.
- It have anti-diabetic potential.
- It is helpful in improving liver function and improving eyesight.
- It acts as an effective natural cure for indigestion, acidity, constipation.
- It also acts as anti-inflammatory agent thereby suppresses pain and swelling.
Prepare a powdered mixture of dry Amla and sugar. Mix one teaspoon of this mixture in one glass of water and consume daily in empty stomach. This combination helps to reduce the blood cholesterol level.