Advantages of Allopathic Medicines For High BP.
There is no doubt that most of the allopathic medicines are chemicals in nature and are not the best things for the body. But they have certain advantages.
Lets List them:-
- They work for everyone and at every time.
- They have been studied (researched) and tried on animals first, to prove thier effects and side effects.
- We know their mechanism of action.
- Their dosages can be adjusted as and when required.
- They work for a fixed time – 8hours or 12 hours or 24 hours. So if taken at that interval they will be able to reduce your BP for 24 hours of the day(which is most ideal).
- Every chemical will give side effects if used in a higher dose. So, for high BP patients – if we are not ableto control the BP with a lower dose of one medicine we can add another group of medicine. Since there are about 7-8 groups of Anti hypertension medicines – all with different mechanism of actions-we can combine the medicines to lower their side effects. Such combinations are are more preferred than using one particular.
- They can be withdrawn and reduced whenever required.
- They are widely available all over the country, can be carried in a small space, can be taken without a lot of effort (just drink with a glass of water).
- Most of the allopathic medicines work after about one hour of intake but in emergency (suppose you are very angry and BP is suddenly 200/100mmHg) there are medicines which can reduce BP within minutes. Intravenous BP lowering drugs are also available.
- The pattern of medicines, the training of allopathic doctors are uniform all over the world and the country – so you are not are in a different city – the allopathic physicians will know your medicines and can modify them.