Benefits of Amla
Amla or Gooseberry is the most rarely used herb in Ayurveda medicines. Amla has many nutritious benefits. Fresh fruits contain more than 80% of water beside Protein, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Minerals, Vitamins (mainly includes calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, vitamin C, and B complex). It contains as much as 20 times more vitamin C of an orange. The vitamin C content in Amla does not diminish with cooking.
According to Ayurvedic experts, regular usage of Amla will make our liver like a youth. It keeps us away from all the diseases by boosting our immune system.
1. It helps in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar level.
2. It has anti-diabetic potential. Take a teaspoon of the mixture of Amla, Jamun, and Bitter gourd powder daily. It helps to reduce blood sugar levels.
3. It is helpful in improving liver function.
4. It acts as an effective natural cure for indigestion, acidity, constipation.
5. It has great application in improving eyesight.
6. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent thereby suppress pain and swelling.
Prepare a powdered mixture of dry Amla and sugar. Mix one teaspoon of this mixture in one glass of water and consume daily in empty stomach. This combination helps to reduce the blood cholesterol level